DUBLIN, IRELAND - PRIVATE PRACTICE
Consulting Speech & Language Therapist
BSc (Hons) Rem. Ling. MRCSLT, MIASLT
Arra, Gortlandroe, Nenagh,
Co. Tipperary, Ireland, E45F827
Tel: 00 353 (0) 86 6010144
This is a consultancy service provided in Nenagh, Co.Tipperary, Ireland. It offers an in-depth assessment, diagnostic and treatment service for students from the age of 7 years and upwards and also for adults. It is specifically for those that have a queried or diagnosed Specific Learning Difficulty (SLD) e.g. a reading & spelling difficulty like Dyslexia.
We also provide a clinical service for people presenting with receptive and expressive language difficulties, either in association with or independent of their Specific Learning Difficulties.
NOTE: We do not offer a service for speech, voice or fluency disorders or language difficulties in association with intellectual disability or autistic spectrum disorders.
Our primary focus is the remediation / resolution of literacy problems for the younger students. We believe that the earlier any issues are identified and resolved / remediated, the better it is for the students going forward. We also introduce our online WordsWorthLearning© programme, to be used at home, to help develop the competent reading and spelling skills the students will need - if they are to reach their true academic potential. Over the last 24 years thousands of students and many adults have benefitted from this clinical service and the online literacy programme.
- In-depth individual receptive and expressive language assessment.
- In-depth individual literacy assessments (reading accuracy, reading comprehension, spelling and written expression).
- Individual language therapy.
- Individual literacy therapy using WordsWorthLearning ©.
- Formal assessment or progress reports for schools, Department of Education or other agencies as required.
- Onward referral to other specialists if required.
- Consultation with schools and teachers.
- Consultation with other professionals (Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Psychiatrists).
- Home & School Language Programmes.
- One day Training Course teaching the on-line version of WordsWorthLearning © for professionals e.g. SLTs, Teachers, Psychologists.
- Seminars for parents / schools on request.
Assessment Referral Service
Clients may "self refer" or be referred by other Professionals. Ideally they should possess a psycho-educational assessment report, completed within the last two years, but this is not mandatory.
All Students under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent when attending for assessment.
The evaluation will take approximately two to three hours; this can vary according to the age and ability of the student. During the assessment session a detailed case history will be taken, followed by the administration of receptive, expressive and written language assessments. Additional assessments may be administered if indicated. Following the assessment:
Preliminary verbal feedback will be given at the end of the assessment and a summary written report will be sent in due course.
Alternatively a FORMAL written report can be issued for a fee, which will be sent in due course.
A treatment plan, if indicated, will be negotiated and agreed at the end of the session, which will also be highlighted in either the summary or formal report.
Reports can be made available to other professionals at the request and signed permission of parents.
- Half-hourly or hourly therapy sessions, weekly or fortnightly are timetabled by agreement.
- A parent / guardian must attend and observe or participate in the session. it is more effective therapeutically if the same parent / guardian attends for all sessions.
- The course of therapy is dependent on the type and severity of the disorder; however parents / students will be informed of the "expected" length of therapy following the initial assessment.
- Once the course of treatment is completed the student will be put on review for approximately 6 weeks in order to allow them to consolidate what they have learned.
- Following this, the student will be reassessed to ascertain their level of progress and to determine if further intervention is indicated.
Table Of Fees - 2019
|Language & Literacy Assessment, Consultation & Report (2-3 Hours)||€500.00|
|Literacy Assessment, Consultation & Report (up to 2 hours)||€300.00|
|Full - Language & Literacy Assessment (2 to 3 hours) and Report.||€400.00|
|Review - Literacy Assessment (up to 1 hour)including a report.||€200.00|
|Review - Language & Literacy Assessment (up to 2 hours) including a report.||€300.00|
DARE APPLICATION (Or Similar)
|Application Form Completion; At the request of the parent/guardian (up to 1 hour).||€60.00|
|Consultation; At the request of the parent/guardian (up to 1 hour).||€100.00|
Tax Relief / Health Insurance Cover (in the Republic of Ireland)
- Parents (Irish residency) may claim tax relief for Speech & Language Therapy fees paid, although a medical referral (i.e. a GP referral) must accompany the claim. A percentage of fees paid may be claimed back from the Government by completing and submitting a 'Med 1' form.
- Speech & Language Therapy services are also covered by some health insurance policies, please check with your provider.
- A receipt for all fees paid will be issued at the end of therapy or at an earlier stage if requested.
Fees due for 1:1 Private Consultancy are payable in full either by Bank Transfer or Cash on the day of attendance, unless prior arrangements have been agreed. Please note: Credit Card or Laser Card payment facilities are not available currently.
When you book an appointment for a 1:1 Private Consultancy; an agreed length of time and date are allocated to you. With this in mind the following cancellation policy is in operation:
- Cancellation a minimum of 1 full day notice prior to the appointment: No charge
- Cancellation on the day of appointment or a "no show": 100% of fee due