NOTE: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- On the 25th of May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect throughout the European Union. This applies to retaining and deleting/destroying your personal data as a previous client of Rita Treacy / WordsWorth Learning Ltd.
There are 3 main types of data which Rita Treacy / WordsWorthLearning Ltd. retains:
- 1. Clinical Data needed to provide a service - which is deleted/confidentially destroyed after 6 years from last invoiced session, usually post discharge.
- 2. Financial Data from clients for billing - which is kept for 6 years to adhere to Revenue guidelines. Financial Data (including non-payment of bills) can be given to Revenue at Revenue’s request.
- 3. Contact Data from referrals - is kept for 6 years to allow processing of Financial Data if required – which may be retained for longer for safety, legal request, or child protection reasons.
All data to be deleted or destroyed is carried out under secure conditions, 6 years after the last appointment.
2. Types of Information Collected
- We retain two types of information:
- Personal Data
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised, and telephone number. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
- Non-Personal Data
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
3. Purposes for which we hold your Information
- Non-Personal Data
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- Personal Data
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- a) to provide you with information you have requested;
- b) to contact you if required in connection with your query or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
- c) to send you notification of WordsWorth Learning Limited related News, Application Changes or Alerts.
4. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
- Data security is of great importance to WordsWorth Learning Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) which will be used by our nominated Third Party Online Payment Service Provider to encode personal data that you send when placing an order through the Website. We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties. We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements. We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
5. Sale of Business
6. Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
- You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please contact us. Any such data change requests may be subject to the prescribed fee.